Football Thursday 2019 Update
On March 20, President Young announced Texas A&M will once again host its first game of the football season on Thursday, August 29, 2019 against Texas State University.
I have reconvened a task force that includes faculty, staff, student and community groups to provide recommendations for this event to ensure a successful class day and game experience. Similar to last year, the university has processes in place to support having classes and hosting a football game on campus. Some actions have been added or modified based on the knowledge gained from last year, including:
- Exploring a possible early release time for non-essential staff;
- Providing later entry and exit times for students, faculty and staff in affected parking areas;
- Increasing flexibility and convenience for faculty parking in affected parking areas;
- Providing all-day parking options in certain areas;
- Providing bus service for on- and off-campus destinations;
- Permitting access to all academic facilities on normal university schedule (unless specifically requested by the college or unit);
- Extending the add/drop date for classes to Sept. 2, 2019.
To help us be successful, you should:
- Plan ahead and know your parking and transportation options;
- Visit the Football Thursday website and download the Destination Aggieland app so you will have up-to-date information on parking, tailgating, and more.
For additional questions or information not addressed by the website, send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org. The website will continue to provide the most up-to-date information of what to expect as you plan your activities for this day.