This communication updates the campus transportation plan for the Thursday football game on August 30, 2018. In an earlier communication (June 4), we directed you to the Football Thursday website which will continue to provide the most up to date information on all the aspects of what to expect as you plan your activities for this day.
The website has recently been updated with more information and resources to answer questions and help you attend class, get to work, or enjoy an evening of Aggie football. This includes information on the latest news and updates, bus routes, parking, tailgating, and more.
Some highlights of the updates include information on the following:
- Affected parking lots and garages, RV parking, and pre-game activities. Most parking lots will not be affected; for those that are affected, the FAQ on the Football Thursday website will provide details.
- Alternative parking and transportation options, including:
- The use of the Fan Field lot and the Bush School bus route (service will be increased Thursday, August 30).
- The use of the ofo bike share program.
- $10 discounts offered by Uber and Lyft on rides for faculty, staff, students and fans on Football Thursday.
To help us make Football Thursday a success, it will be important to plan ahead and know your options. To receive updated information, make sure to visit the website and download the Destination Aggieland app.
For additional questions or information not addressed by the website, you can send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.