Hundreds of Texas A&M staff and families of award recipients gathered in the Memorial Student Center’s Bethancourt Ballroom to kick off Staff Appreciation Week.
Doug Sweet, vice chair of the Texas A&M Staff Council, echoed Young’s sentiment.
“While they come from different areas and they have different responsibilities, each plays an important role in helping Texas A&M maintain its tradition of excellence,” Sweet said.
During the ceremony, Barbara A. Abercrombie, vice president for HR & Organizational Effectiveness, read the names and descriptions of each individual winner as they were presented with a plaque and joined Young on stage for a photograph.
Abercrombie again called attention to the nearly 520 years of combined service to conclude the ceremony.
“Thousands of more years of service are being given across campus every day to make an impact – not to receive an award – but to make a difference at this university,” Abercrombie said. “Thank you for all you do.”
Congratulations to the following 25 individual staff members, two supervisors, and two teams who were selected for their meritorious service to Texas A&M University:
Individual Award Recipients
- Deborah Barnett, School of Law
- Leona Bay, SSC Service Solutions
- Sandra Chavarria, Office of the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Studies
- Amanda Flores, Memorial Student Center
- Tracy Foster, Office of Budget and Planning
- Dustin Grabsch, Residence Life
- Ada Green, Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness
- James Izat, Division of Research
- Ruth Manning, Sponsored Research Services
- Donna Pantel, University Writing Center
- Pascale Parker, Study Abroad Programs Office
- Neil Peltier, University Center & Special Events
- David Reed, Department of Biology
- Ra’sheedah Richardson, Center for Teaching Excellence
- Lisa Rosser, Division of Finance and Administration
- Suzanne Rosser, Department of Geology and Geophysics
- Timothy St. Martin, Department of Physics & Astronomy
- Jeannine Scambray, Department of Psychology
- Colby Seay, Study Abroad and Academic Services, Texas A&M University at Qatar
- Stuart Slattery, Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital, Information Technology
- Kathleen Speed, Academic Success Center
- Sara Thigpin, Dean’s Office, College of Science
- Tammy Whisenant, Department of English
- Angela Winkler, Offices of the Dean of Student Life
- Janeen Wood, Department of International Affairs, Bush School
Supervisor Award Recipients
- Michael Krenz, Residence Life
- Michelle Steedly, Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness
Team Award Recipients
- Employment Services Team, Career Center: Shirley Alvarado, Ashley Bryant, Martha Fields, Kevin McGinnis, Brenda Riley, Megan Stoltzfus, Sue Wolfert, Susan Wyatt
- Extended Education, Bush School: Rebecca Burgner, Lynn Cagle, Linda Heritage, Jennifer Lampo, Ruth McMullan, Courtney Shuttlesworth, Ashlee Treadway
Visit the Texas A&M Staff Appreciation website for a full schedule of Staff Appreciation Week 2017 activities.
Media contact: email@example.com
For more news about Texas A&M University, see https://today.tamu.edu/.
Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/TAMU