Easter At The George H.W. Bush Presidential Library Center
On Saturday, April 13, the George H.W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum, in conjunction with the College Station Police Department, will hold its annual College Station Easter Celebration.
The event will be held on the grounds of the Bush Library and Museum starting at 9:30 a.m. The free event is for children 7 years and younger.
Activities include games, face painting, an Easter egg hunt, kite flying contest, complimentary refreshments and photos with the Easter Bunny. Specially designed wooden White House-style Easter Eggs are given to the children.
Local merchants contribute door prizes to give away, and a boy’s and a girl’s bicycle and helmet will be awarded in each of the three age categories: 3 and under, 4-5 and 6-7. Parents must register their children to win. To register for door prizes visit bush41.org and click on the events tab or visit the City of College Station website and click on the online tab.
Event and activity schedule:
- 9-9:50 a.m. Late registration for the door prizes
- 9:30 a.m. Carnival games, refreshments, balloon twisting, face painting, concessions open
- 9:50 a.m. Easter bunnies arrive
- 10 a.m. Egg hunt begins on 3 fields (ages 3 and under, 4-5, 6-7)
- 10:15 a.m. Door prize giveaway (Must be present at the stage to win)
- 11 a.m. Kite flying contest (awards given to the Highest Flyer, Most Artistic, Fan Favorite and Judge’s Choice), Concert by the Brazos Valley Community Band
- 12 p.m. Event concludes
Barbara Bush Drive will be closed to traffic starting at 8:30 a.m. and during the event. Participants should access the museum via Research Parkway. Free parking will be available in the museum parking lot (PA 43) and Bush School lot (PA 111), and in gravel Fan Field lot on Research Parkway. Handicapped parking will be available in the museum parking lot (PA 41). For more information and to register for this event visit Bush41.org or call 979-691-4014.