Eight Faculty Earn Texas A&M’s Highest Honor
Texas A&M University has awarded the title of University Distinguished Professor, its highest faculty award, to eight scholars. The 2023 University Distinguished Professors represent the Colleges of Arts and Sciences and Engineering, as well as the Schools of Medicine, Law and Public Health.
The University Distinguished Professor designation is bestowed upon faculty members who are preeminent in their fields and have made at least one transformational contribution or provided an intellectually substantial “leap forward” in their discipline.
This faculty cohort has made significant contributions and inspired innovative thought in smart/autonomous computational and robotic systems, process manufacturing system optimization, the genetic factors critical to drug metabolism and cancer research, immigration law and environmental and nuclear chemistry.
University officials say these faculty individually and collectively demonstrate Texas A&M’s strengths in providing transformational education for our students and translational research discoveries that impact our state, nation and the world.
The 2023 Texas A&M University Distinguished Professors are:
- Perla Beatriz Balbuena, professor, Artie McFerrin Department of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering
- Deborah Bell-Pedersen, professor, Department of Biology, College of Arts and Sciences
- Roderick H. Dashwood, professor, Department of Translational Medical Sciences, School of Medicine
- James Hubbard Jr., professor, J. Mike Walker ’66 Department of Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering
- Huyen Pham, professor, School of Law
- Efstratios N. Pistikopoulos, professor, Artie McFerrin Department of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering
- Virender K. Sharma, professor, Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, School of Public Health
- Sherry J. Yennello, professor, Department of Chemistry, College of Arts and Sciences
More information about the 2022-2023 recipients is available from Faculty Affairs.