Texas A&M Regents Approve 12 Regents Professors, 11 Regents Fellows
Regents last week named 12 Texas A&M University System faculty members and 11 agency service, extension or research professionals as Regents Professors and Regents Fellows for 2022-2023.
The Texas A&M University System Regents established the Regents Professor Awards program in 1996 and the Regents Fellow Service Awards program in 1998 to recognize faculty and employees who have made extraordinary contributions to their university, or agency, as well as to the people of Texas.
This year’s recipients of the Regents Professor Award are:
- Bart Ballard, Texas A&M University-Kingsville
- Irene Calboli, Texas A&M University
- Chuleeporn “Nikki” Changchit, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
- Michael R. Daley, Texas A&M University-Central Texas
- Robert W. Haynes, Texas A&M International University
- R. Malatesha Joshi, Texas A&M University
- Reza Langari, Texas A&M University
- Jay Maddock, Texas A&M Health Science Center
- Samba Reddy, Texas A&M Health Science Center
- E. Gloria C. Regisford, Prairie View A&M University
- Wendell Sadler, Tarleton State University
- Bradford P. Wilcox, Texas A&M University
This year’s recipients of the Regents Fellow Service Awards are:
- Rafael M. Aldrete, Texas A&M Transportation Institute
- Michael Brewer, Texas A&M AgriLife Research
- Paul DeLaune, Texas A&M AgriLife Research
- Karen Dixon, Texas A&M Transportation Institute
- Jay Hall, Texas Department of Emergency Management
- Terry Hensley, Texas A&M Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory
- Mark A. Posada, Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service
- Dallas Renfrew, Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service
- Robert “Skip” Richter, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service
- Dana Tarter, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service
- Billy Whitworth, Texas A&M Forest Service
The selection process for the awards begins with a call for nominations from the chancellor. Final nominations are put forth to the chief executive officer of each respective entity. They are then subject to a system-level review consisting of academic vice chancellors and past recipients of the awards. Finally, nominations are forwarded to the chancellor and the board for final approval.
To date, 291 Texas A&M system faculty members have been recognized with the Regents Professor Award and 175 agency professionals have received the Regents Fellow Service Award.