Updates: Free COVID-19 Self-Test Distribution & Friday’s No Cost Vaccine Clinic
UPDATE: Due to extraordinary demand and to help ensure faculty, staff and students have access to the COVID-19 home testing kits being given out, Texas A&M is having to scale back the distribution from two boxes to one box at a time.
Adding to the large demand is a slow-down with the supply chain of such tests. The university will continue to update its COVID-19 guidance page as new information becomes available.
These easy-to-use tests (there are two in each box) help identify positive COVID-19 infections while preserving in-person learning.
Meanwhile, the Texas A&M Health Maroon Line Clinic is hosting a vaccine clinic from 12 to 4 p.m. Friday, Jan. 14 and Friday, Jan. 21 at the exhibit hall at Rudder Theater Complex. Details are outlined here.
In addition to the at-home tests now available, the Aggie community can continue to be tested for free with the more sensitive PCR COVID-19 tests at one of several Curative on-campus kiosks.
Steps to pick up your tests:
- Visit the request site, select College Station, then use your NetID to log on and fill out the form.
- After filling out the form, hit submit. A receipt with the number will be emailed to your Texas A&M account. You will need to show that number when picking up the test kit. Don’t lose it.
Where to pick up:
The free self-test kits are being handed out Friday, Jan. 14 and Tuesday, Jan. 18-Friday, Jan. 21 at the following locations (no sites will be open on Monday, Jan. 17 due to the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday):
- Kyle Field: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Outside gate of northeast activation tower
- Zachry Engineering Education Complex: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Virginia Brown Atrium (south entrance atrium) on first floor
- Wehner Building: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Outside Room 113
- A.P. Beutel Student Health Center: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.