Updated Travel Guidance For Faculty, Staff, Students
In-State: No restrictions on travel within the state of Texas.
Out of State: Only travel essential to the mission of the university will be permitted at the discretion of the applicable vice president or dean. Mission-essential approval should be obtained from the appropriate VP or dean prior to departure.
Approval and Routing:
- Route all travel requests through Concur in order to obtain approvals.
- Requests will route automatically since departments have pre-loaded workflows into Concur.
- For routing requiring VP/Dean approval, these individuals can easily be added to the workflow during the submission or approval process within Concur.
- Entering requests in Concur provides “duty-of-care” which allows for reporting on who is traveling and where. This reporting was required by the state of Texas during the pandemic and is important for Risk Management.
- Requests can be approved using the Concur mobile app or by logging into SSO, eliminating the need for hard copy routing.
- With an approved request in the employee’s profile, expense report creation is made much simpler by eliminating duplication of entry and the need to scan and upload hard copies.
Only travel essential to the mission of the university will be permitted at the discretion of the provost or their designee. All travel must be routed through Concur for Risk Management’s review, risk mitigation, and subsequent recommendation to the provost for approval.
Student travel as part of a student organization must be routed through Student Affairs. Academic related student travel must be routed to Risk Management once deemed essential by the applicable dean.
Information regarding Education Abroad programs – including cancelations and other guidelines – can be found at the Education Abroad website.
FIELD TRIP GUIDANCE
Field trips are typically defined as class experiences held at a site other than the normal class location, undertaken to expand student understanding and/or application of educational concepts and knowledge. Clinical rotations, practicums and student teaching are not considered field trips.
Domestic Field Trips
As of the start of the Fall 2021 semester, field trips again were permitted under pre-COVID-19 requirements.
International Field Trips
Additional information is available through Education Abroad.
Recognized Student Organization Travel
International travel by recognized student organizations remains suspended. Requests for domestic Texas A&M University student organization mission-essential travel must be submitted using the event planning form. The Department of Student Activities will route the form to the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs for final approval. Final approval is required prior to departure. Please email the Student Organization Development and Administration team at email@example.com with any questions regarding organizational travel and events.