Deadline For Student COVID-19 Testing Is Friday
A Message from Texas A&M University
Jan. 21, 2021
Texas A&M University is asking all students in the Bryan-College station area to complete testing for COVID-19 by Friday, Jan. 22, which marks the end of the first week of classes. Testing is important to support health and safety operations and ensure that the Texas A&M campus remains open.
To complete COVID-19 testing for Spring 2021 Return to Campus, access your registration link in Howdy or using your instructions in an email from the COVID-19 Student Testing Program. Do not share your link – it is tied to your UIN.
Who needs to get tested?
- A&M has made testing mandatory for some students, including those who live on campus or work for the university. Failure to comply may subject you to disciplinary actions by the university, up to and including expulsion and/or employment termination.
- All other students: You are strongly encouraged to register and get tested no later than Friday, Jan. 22.
Results from a test taken between Jan. 12-22 (positive or negative) must be uploaded. Though the deadline to test is Friday, Jan. 22, results must be reported no later than Tuesday, Jan. 26.
The process includes three simple steps:
- Register using your unique link above. You may return to add or edit your registration during the testing window. The Testing Program team will review your registration, as needed, and may reach out to you for additional information or documentation.
- Complete your personal COVID-19 Health Survey as close to the time of your test as possible.
- Go get tested. Use the preferred testing method, the “saliva test,” at any Texas A&M test location without an appointment, including the Rec Center, Rudder Exhibit Hall, SBISA testing tent or the Commons testing tent. If you have symptoms, please secure your test at the A.P. Beutel testing tent, Maroon Line on the Riverside campus (both of which require an appointment) or your healthcare provider.
Complete the registration even if you:
- have already had a positive test result for COVID-19 or SARS-CoV-2 in the past;
- plan to test at a site off-campus;
- are not planning to visit campus;
- are seeking an exemption;
- have received a COVID-19 vaccine; or
- do not think you need to be tested or do not think the requirement applies to you.
All information gathered through the Texas A&M COVID-19 Testing Program will be stored securely and kept confidential to the full extent possible. We ask that you be as truthful as possible. Your responses will not be used to target any individual or group for punishment.
The Texas A&M COVID-19 Student Testing Program will continue every two weeks during this semester. All students are asked to get into the habit of COVID-19 testing on a routine basis as an important part of the Texas A&M campus protection strategy to keep Aggies safe.
Thanks, and Gig ’em!