Texas A&M University Announces 2020 EDGES Fellows
Nineteen distinguished Texas A&M University faculty have been honored as 2020 Chancellor Enhancing Development and Generating Excellence in Scholarship (EDGES) Fellows.
Launched in 2019, EDGES Fellowships were developed with resources from The Texas A&M University System Chancellor John Sharp to honor, incentivize and boost mid-career faculty at the associate or early full professor rank who are making significant marks in their discipline. The recognition highlights Texas A&M’s intentional commitment to intensively support, retain and recognize faculty with significant and sustained accomplishments and the promise of continued high-impact scholarship.
“These awards recognize the priority of Texas A&M University System Chancellor John Sharp to develop and support faculty members with national and international acclaim,” said Provost and Executive Vice President Carol A. Fierke. “The honorees are scholars with careers on-track to make high-impact contributions to enhance the state and nation, leading to national and international recognition.”
EDGES Fellows retain the right to use the title throughout their tenure as faculty members in good standing at Texas A&M.
The awards join with endeavors like the Presidential Impact Fellowships and other faculty investment programs to empower and advance the careers of faculty at every level.
The 2020 EDGES Fellows named to date this year are:
- Sarah Brooks, Professor of Atmospheric Sciences, College of Geosciences
- Jiang Chang, Professor of the Institute of Biosciences and Technology, College of Medicine
- Kunhee Choi, Associate Professor of Construction Science, College of Architecture
- Kenny Easwaran, Associate Professor of Philosophy, College of Liberal Arts
- Melissa Grunlan, Professor of Biomedical Engineering, College of Engineering
- Ping He, Professor of Biochemistry & Biophysics, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Sonia Hernandez, Associate Professor of History, College of Liberal Arts
- Gregory Johnson, Professor of Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
- Ellisa Lisako Jones-McKyer, Professor of Health Promotion & Community Health Sciences, School of Public Health
- Tim Mulvaney, Professor of Law, School of Law
- William Murphy, Professor of Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
- Samba Reddy, Professor of Neuroscience & Experimental Therapeutics, College of Medicine
- Alexei Safonov, Professor of Physics and Astronomy, College of Science
- Libo Shan, Professor of Biochemistry & Biophysics, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Joseph Sorg, Professor of Biology, College of Science
- J. David Wells, Associate Professor of Marine Biology, Texas A&M University Galveston Campus
- Kausalai Wijekumar, Professor of Teaching, Learning and Culture, College of Education and Human Development
- Michael Withers, Associate Professor of Management, Mays Business School
- Le Xie, Professor of Electrical & Computer Engineering, College of Engineering