Parking, Road Closure Guidance Ahead Of 4141 Bush Train Arrival
In preparation for the arrival of Union Pacific’s steam locomotive Big Boy No. 4014, which will lead the 4141 Bush Train into College Station Friday, Nov. 8, Transportation Services advises the public on the following street closures and parking information that will be in effect.
The public viewing will begin at 4:30 p.m. and remain open until 6 p.m. There will be no public access to the train upon its arrival to College Station.
- F&B Rd. will be closed between Agronomy Road and Wellborn Road between 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Please use alternate routes.
- Free public parking is available in parking Lot 88 beginning at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 8 only. The north entrance to this lot, located on F&B Rd., will not be accessible during this time.
- NOTE: There is no parking permitted along roadways.
The Union Pacific 4141 locomotive was unveiled ceremoniously on the campus of Texas A&M at the opening of a presidential library exhibit, “Trains: Tracks of the Iron Horse,” 14 years ago. The locomotive carried President George H.W. Bush to his final resting place on the grounds of the George H.W. Bush Presidential Library and the Bush School of Government and Public Service December 2018.
Connect with Transportation Services
- Twitter @AggieParking @AggieSpiritBus @GetToAggieGame
- Facebook @TAMUTransportation
- Instagram @TAMUTransportation