Aggie Brisket Rub
This Texas A&M brisket rub recipe will make your next cookout or tailgate a hit!
This is a simple brisket rub recipe that provides a great balance of flavors to enhance a smoked brisket. Feel free to use it on other meats as well, or adapt it to your particular tastes.
This recipe will make enough rub for four large briskets.
- 2 cups of canning/pickling salt
- 1 cup of paprika
- 1/2 cup of coarse ground pepper
- 1/4 cup of fine ground pepper
- 1/2 cup of onion powder
- 1/2 cup of garlic powder
- 1/2 cup of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- Mix the rub and apply it to the briskets at least overnight before the briskets are cooked