Transportation Services: Increased Traffic, Congestion Expected For Alabama Game
This weekend’s game against Alabama is expected to bring increased traffic and congestion to the local area. To avoid the increased activity, Texas A&M University Transportation Services recommends that fans attending the game plan ahead, arrive early and download the Destination Aggieland mobile app for up-to-date information on gameday activities.
“To avoid the increased traffic and congestion expected for this weekend’s game we are asking fans to arrive early to campus and to take advantage of free gameday shuttles that operate in downtown Bryan and at Momentum Plaza,” Texas A&M Associate Vice President of Transportation Services Peter Lange said. “If you are not attending the game you should avoid the area around campus before and after the game.”
Increased traffic and activity is expected around campus from 10 a.m. to kick off, and immediately after the game. Expect heavy traffic on Wellborn Rd., University Dr. and George Bush Dr. and avoid those areas, if possible. FM 2818 traffic is usually lighter pre-game and provides a faster route to many parking areas.
Make note of gameday road closures that begin either four hours pre-game or at 8 a.m., whichever is later:
- Coke Street closes north of Lewis Street – access allowed for D permits and disabled parking; opens 1.5 hours post-game.
- Olsen Boulevard closes near Reed Arena – access allowed for E, G, P permits & ParkMobile permits; opens 1.5 hours post-game.
- Houston St. closes at George Bush Dr. – access only for C permits, Lot 69 & Texas A&M Foundation; opens one hour post-game.
- Joe Routt/Stallings Blvd. closes until 1.5 hours post-game.
- Several other road closures begin around the start of the fourth quarter to help fans exit the parking lots and garages.
For visiting fans who prefer to avoid traffic, Transportation Services provides free gameday shuttles that can be used to get on and off campus. See schedules for operating times.
- Gameday Shuttle Routes On and off-campus (see schedule for operating times).
- Get to the Grid (operates 5 hours pre-game and one hour post game) Free gameday express shuttle is located at American Momentum Plaza.
- Downtown Bryan Gameday Shuttle (operates three hours pre-game and one hour post game) Take in the sights and sounds of Historic Downtown Bryan, then hop on the free shuttle on Regent Street across from the Clara B. Mounce Public Library to Kyle Field. Downtown Bryan Info and Game Weekend Activities
Destination Aggieland is the official gameday app that provides pre- and post-game traffic and parking information. Use the app to learn about reserving and paying for parking, bus routes, traffic, community dining, hotel and entertainment venues, campus tailgating and more. Download the app from the iPhone and Android app stores or click “Destination Aggieland.”
Transportation Services will distribute gameday information and updates via the following social media accounts: