Maroon & White Pancakes
Fluffy, sweet, delicious, and Aggie maroon & white!
Fluffy, sweet, delicious, and Aggie maroon & white! Try your hand at making these Texas A&M pancakes for the perfect Aggie breakfast:
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 egg
- maroon food dye
- 1/4 cup milk (to loosen maroon batter)
- maple syrup
- whipped cream
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk well.
- Add in the wet ingredient and whisk or fold until the ingredients are just combined. Be careful to not over-mix the batter!
- Separate the batter into two medium bowls and add maroon food coloring to one bowl.
- Funnel the maroon batter into a squeeze bottle. (Use milk as needed to loosen the batter if it is too thick.)
- Spray a pan over medium-low heat and place a heat-safe cookie cutter on the pan. Fill the cookie cutter with the maroon batter.
- Remove the cookie cutter from the pancake when you start to see bubbles coming through the top. Cover the maroon pancake art with the white pancake batter.
- Flip when cooked, top with maple syrup, and enjoy!