Texas A&M Football Game Day Guide 2019
Football Gameday Parking 2019
- Parking is available for fans attending the game, but availability has changed. Please review the 2019 Football Season Parking Mapand the Destination Aggieland app to see the changes.
- Reserve the closest available footballparking now through ParkMobile.
- Fans can also park near the George H.W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum, the Bonfire Memorial off University Drive, the Northside Garage or on Agronomy Road and pay $20 or $25 cash.
- Remember, free gameday shuttles run throughout campus from parking areas, so catch a ride to the game on the Aggie Spirit bus after you park your car.
For visiting fans who prefer to avoid traffic, Transportation Services provides free gameday shuttles that can be used to get on and off campus. See schedules for operating times.
- Gameday Shuttle RoutesOn and off-campus (see schedule for operating times).
- Get to the Grid(operates 5 hours pre-game and one hour post game) Free gameday express shuttle is located at American Momentum Plaza.
- Downtown Bryan Gameday Shuttle(operates three hours pre-game and one hour post game) Have a bite to eat, do a little shopping and take in the sights and sounds of Historic Downtown Bryan. Then hop on the free shuttle on Regent Street across from the Clara B. Mounce Public Library to Kyle Field for the game. Downtown Bryan Info and Game Weekend Activities Map
Expect heavy traffic on Wellborn Road, University Drive and George Bush Drive and avoid those areas, if possible. FM 2818 traffic is usually lighter pre-game and provides a faster route to many parking areas.
Make note of gameday road closures that begin either four hours pre-game or at 8 a.m., whichever is later:
- Coke Street closes north of Lewis Street – access allowed for D permits and disabled parking; opens 1.5 hours post-game.
- Olsen Boulevard closes near Reed Arena – access allowed for E, G, P permits & ParkMobile permits; opens 1.5 hours post-game.
- Houston Street closes at George Bush Drive – access only for C permits, Lot 69 & Texas A&M Foundation; opens one hour post-game.
- Joe Routt/Stallings Boulevard closes until 1.5 hours post-game.
- Several other road closures begin around the start of the fourth quarter to help fans exit the parking lots and garages.
Download the Destination Aggieland app for access to post-game traffic maps that can be used to find the best route when leaving campus after the game.
Arrive Early, Stay Late
- Looking for a taxi or other rideshare service after the game? The post-game rideshare pick-up area will be located in Lot 30e. Check the “rideshare” section under the “football” tab in the Destination Aggieland app for details.
- Kyle Field crowds continue to grow, so fans are encouraged to arrive earlier than normal to help ensure they arrive in time for the game.
- Kyle Field entries begin 90 minutes prior to kickoff this year.
- Tailgating is allowed in various locations on gamedays throughout campus. Learn everything you need to know about tailgating for football games: Kyle Field Tailgate Information
Beat the Heat and Hydrate
- Begin hydrating the night before gameday and drink plenty of water throughout the game.
- Fans are permitted to bring one sealed bottle of water into Kyle Field.
- Wear loose and cool clothing and apply at least SPF 15 sunscreen often and protect your face and head with a brimmed hat. Protect your eyes with sunglasses.
- Permanent Cool Zones are located on levels 2,3 and 7 on the East side and level 7 on the West side of Kyle Field.
- Texas A&M enforces the Southeastern Conference’s clear bag policy at all Texas A&M Athletics home events. Bags that are non-clear and/or are larger than those outlined in the policy will not be allowed in the stadium. Clear Bag Rule
- LARGE BAGS: If fans are bringing bags to a home athletic event, bags must be clear and not exceed 12” (by 6” by 12”) or be a clear 1-gallon re-sealable plastic freezer storage bag, one per person. Bags must be clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and have a maximum of one logo imprint not exceeding 4.5” tall X 3.4” wide.
- SMALL BAGS: The only non-clear bags permitted are small clutch bags (with or without a strap) that are the size of a hand. Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at designated areas. For additional information about the clear bag policy, visit com/BeClear.
- Destination Aggieland is the official gameday app that provides pre- and post-game traffic and parking information. Use the Destination Aggieland app to learn about reserving and paying for parking, bus routes, traffic, community dining, hotel and entertainment venues, campus tailgating and more. Download the app from the iPhone and Android app stores or click “Destination Aggieland.”
- transport.tamu.edu provides access to gameday shuttle routes for the remainder of the season.
- ParkMobile allows you to reserve the closest available gameday parking before you arrive and be one step ahead on game day.
Transportation Services will distribute gameday information and updates via the following social media accounts: