Texas A&M Announces 2019 Distinguished Achievement Recipients
Texas A&M University and The Association of Former Students have selected 24 outstanding members of the school’s faculty and staff to be honored with 2019 Distinguished Achievement Awards.
The university-level Distinguished Achievement Awards were first presented in 1955 and have since been awarded to more than 1,000 professionals who have exhibited the highest standards of excellence at Texas A&M.
The 2019 Distinguished Achievement Awards will be formally presented at 1:30 p.m. on Monday, April 29, during ceremonies in Rudder Theatre on the Texas A&M University campus. In recognition of their achievements, each recipient will receive a cash gift, an engraved watch and a commemorative plaque.
The 2019 recipients, along with their departments/affiliations, are as follows.
- Erick Moreno-Centeno, Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering, College of Engineering
- Wei-Jung Chen, Department of Neuroscience & Experimental Therapeutics, College of Medicine
- Cheryl Herman, Department of Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
- Claire Katz, Department of Philosophy, College of Liberal Arts
- Wei Li, Department of Landscape Architecture & Urban Planning, College of Architecture
- Duncan S. MacKenzie, Department of Biology, College of Science
- John F. Murphy, School of Law
- Scott Schaefer, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, College of Engineering
- Nancy Street, Department of Communication, College of Liberal Arts
- Radhika Viruru, Department of Teaching, Learning, & Culture, Education and Human Development
- Nicolaas E. Deutz, Department of Health & Kinesiology, College of Education and Human Development
- Francois Gabbai, Department of Chemistry, College of Science
- Yassin A. Hassan, Department of Nuclear Engineering, College of Engineering
- Katrin Hinrichs, Department of Veterinary Physiology & Pharmacology, College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
- P.R. Kumar, Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, College of Engineering
- Suhail Zubairy, Department of Physics & Astronomy, College of Science
For Individual Student Engagement
- Rafael Almanzar, Department of Biochemistry & Biophysics, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Rebecca Burns, College of Nursing
- Sherry J. Yennello, Department of Chemistry, College of Science
For Extension, Outreach, Continuing Education and Professional Development
- Tatiana Erukhimova, Department of Physics, College of Science
- Jennifer Boyle, Department of Student Activities, Division of Student Affairs
- Krista May, Department of English, College of Liberal Arts
For Graduate Mentoring
- Bani K. Mallick, Department of Statistics, College of Science
- Guy Whitten, Department of Political Science, College of Liberal Arts
Media contact: Kathryn Greenwade, The Association of Former Students, 979-845-7514, email@example.com.