President Young Announces 2019 Meritorious Service Award Recipients
I am delighted to announce that the recipients of the 2019 President’s Meritorious Service Awards have been selected. As you may recall, a nomination period was held in January. From the nominations submitted, an anonymous committee, comprised of representatives from across campus, had the difficult task of selecting the award winners from an extraordinary group of nominees. Many thanks to this dedicated committee for their service.
The President’s Meritorious Service Awards recognize and reward staff for their commendable service to our great university. Recipients of this highly prestigious award have demonstrated their commitment to the Aggie core values of excellence, integrity, leadership, loyalty, respect and selfless service. To each of them, I extend my most sincere congratulations and deep appreciation for their tremendous efforts that make Texas A&M such a great place to live and work.
Congratulations to the following 25 individual staff members, two supervisors, and two teams who were selected for their meritorious service to Texas A&M University!
Individual Award Recipients
- Zephaniah Bartie, Office of Student Services, College of Architecture
- Blake Biediger, University Center & Special Events
- Melissa Mallet Bohnsack, Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Tonya Cochran, Student Health Services
- Sherry Coronado, Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics
- M. Rane Cunningham, Bush School of Government and Public Service
- Megan Doyel, Clinical Learning Resource Center
- Deyanira Ely, Office for Diversity
- Valerie Hadley, Facilities and Dining Administration
- Beth Haferkamp, Offices of the Dean of Student Life
- Jennifer Holle, Office of the Dean, College of Science
- Chad Houston, University Police Department
- Cheryl Howell, Baylor Health Sciences Library, College of Dentistry
- Curtis Lee, Department of Chemistry
- Analicia Leiva, Engineering Academic and Student Affairs
- Rebekah Luza, Department of Anthropology
- Paul Pausky, Career Center, Academic Services
- Heather Prestridge, Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences
- Mary Ronsonet, Department of Teaching, Learning, & Culture
- M. Rubi Ruiz, Department of Communication
- Elizabeth Smith, Department of Construction Science
- Timothy Thornton, Transportation Services
- Heather Walker, Department of Physics & Astronomy
- Kim Widdison, Office of Graduate and Professional Studies
- Haley Williams, Department of Neuroscience and Experimental Therapeutics
Supervisor Award Recipients
- Robert Margo, Texas A&M Higher Education Center at McAllen
- Christina Robertson, Department of Environmental Health and Safety
Team Award Recipients
- Rio Grande Valley Regional Prospective Student Center, Academic Services: Oscar Lopez, Rozina Munoz, Luis Miguel Salinas, Joel Solis, and Vanessa Soto
- TEAM Oncology, College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences: Jaclyn Christensen, Docia Charanza, Scottie Flores, Jill Jarvis, Linda Knight, Rachel Ortego, Julio Peraza, Paula Plummer, and Elizabeth Wood
All university employees, as well as Chartwells and SSC Service Solutions employees, are invited to the award ceremony honoring these outstanding staff members. The ceremony will be held on Monday, April 22, 2019, at 10:30 a.m. in MSC Bethancourt Ballroom. A reception with refreshments will be held following the ceremony and will serve as the official kick-off of Staff Appreciation Week 2019 at Texas A&M.
Each individual recipient will receive a $1,000 award, a commemorative plaque, and a lapel pin. Teams will be recognized with a plaque for departmental display and members of each of the teams will receive an award of $200, a framed certificate of recognition, and a lapel pin. Each recipient of the Supervisor Award will receive a $1,500 award, a commemorative plaque, and a lapel pin. The President’s Meritorious Service Awards program is sponsored by the Office of the President and The Association of Former Students and coordinated by the Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness.
Please join me in recognizing the winners of the 2019 President’s Meritorious Service Awards and in congratulating them for their selfless service to Texas A&M University.