2019 Phil Gramm Awards Presented April 4
Excellence in research, teaching and mentoring has netted five graduate doctoral students the prestigious U.S. Senator Phil Gramm Doctoral Fellows Award. Presented by the Texas A&M University Office of Graduate and Professional Studies, the award highlights accomplishments by graduate scholars and features three-minute presentations from awardees.
The recipients of the 2019 Gramm Doctoral Fellowships are:
- Jaskirat Singh Batra, Materials Science & Engineering, College of Engineering
Advisor: Dr. Jun Kameoka
- Grace Ellen Brannon, Communication, College of Liberal Arts
Advisor: Dr. Richard Street
- Lars Erik Andreas Ehnbom, Chemistry, College of Science
Advisors: Dr. John Gladysz, Dr. Michael B. Hall
- Desirae L. Embree, English, College of Liberal Arts
Advisor: Dr. Anne Morey
- Wendi Kamman Zimmer, Teaching, Learning, and Culture, College of Education & Human Development
Advisor: Dr. Erin McTigue
A ceremony to recognize award recipients will be held at the Stark Galleries in the Memorial Student Center April 4 from 3:30 p.m. – 5 p.m. Recipients will give brief presentations about their academic work, highlighting the accomplishments that earned them this distinction.
Those wishing to attend the ceremony can RSVP to LaToya Morris at email@example.com or 979-845-3631.
The awards are named for Phil Gramm, who earned his doctorate from the University of Georgia and served as an economics professor at Texas A&M for 12 years before embarking on a highly successful political career as a U.S. Congressman and U.S. Senator.