Texas A&M Corps Of Cadets Announces 2019-2020 Leadership
The Corps of Cadets—the largest, oldest and most visible student organization at Texas A&M University—has selected their top leadership for the 2019-2020 school year.
Three cadets were identified to fill the key leadership positions of Corps Commander, Deputy Corps Commander and Chief of Staff.
- Corps Commander: Luke Thomas, Decatur, Texas. Class of 2020. Industrial Distribution.
- Deputy Corps Commander: Daniel Strong, Raleigh, North Carolina. Class of 2020. Biomedical Engineering.
- Chief of Staff: Brett Johnson, Boerne, Texas. Class of 2020. Biomedical Sciences.
Cadets complete a thorough selection process that consists of an application and an interview with a panel of peers and staff. Applicants for key leadership positions are evaluated on academics, performance in the Corps, success in previous leadership positions, peer/staff evaluations and their leadership vision for the future.
Top cadets were also slated to serve as Major Unit Commanders for the Corps’ ten major units:
- 1st Brigade Commander: Weston Fisher, San Antonio, Texas.
- 2nd Brigade Commander: Garrett Beaty, Austin, Texas.
- 3rd Brigade Commander: Kamryn Coryell, Bainbridge Island, Washington.
- 1st Regiment Commander: Ethan Cain, Poway, California.
- 2nd Regiment Commander: James McKenna, Spring, Texas.
- 3rd Regiment Commander: Jahanna Shah, Montgomery, Texas.
- 1st Wing Commander: Mia Birondo, Grand Prairie, Texas.
- 2nd Wing Commander: Jacob Bronson, San Diego, California.
- 3rd Wing Commander: Ashlee Spence, The Woodlands, Texas.
- Aggie Band Commander: Nicholas Rossi, Sealy, Texas.