Texas A&M Returns To SXSW Interactive Festival For Third Year
Texas A&M University announced today that it will return to Austin for South By Southwest (SXSW) for the third consecutive year to host three days of interactive experiences and programming to examine healthcare solutions, explore public-private partnerships, dissect design solutions and evaluate branding empires.
A full schedule of panel programming, events, interactive exhibits and entertainment for Texas A&M’s stay at SXSW is available at sxsw.tamu.edu.
Flemings in Downtown Austin will transform into Texas A&M [Power] House and will be open to all SXSW attendees Sunday, March 10, through Tuesday, March 12, where they can experience how Texas A&M is refueling, recharging and reimagining traditional approaches to leading issues.
Panel Talks At Texas A&M [Power] House
Texas A&M [Power] House will feature four panel discussions that bring together Texas A&M innovators and industry leaders:
Reimagining Public & Private Partnerships – Monday, March 11 at 11 a.m.
- John M. Murray, Army Futures Command
- Chancellor John Sharp, Texas A&M University System
- Emily Ramshaw, Texas Tribune
World-Building Creativity & Technology – Monday, March 11 at 3:30 p.m.
- Laura Murphy, Technical Director at Pixar Animation Studios
- Gracie Arenas Strittmatter, Technical Art Director at EA’s BioWare
- Kyle Clark, CEO of Flight School
- Tim McLaughlin, Texas A&M Department of Visualization
Brand Masters On Building The Brand – Tuesday, March 12 at 11 a.m.
- Nicole Portwood, PepsiCo Vice President of Marketing – Mountain Dew, Energy & Flavors
Plugging Into Rural Healthcare Solutions – Tuesday, March 12 at 3:30 p.m.
- Dan McCoy, President of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
- Vivian Lee, President of Health Platforms at Verily (formerly Google X)
- Greg Winfree, Director of the Texas A&M Transportation Institute
- Dean Carrie L. Byington, MD, Dean of the Texas A&M College of Medicine, Senior Vice President of the Texas A&M University Health Science Center and Vice Chancellor for Health Services at The Texas A&M University System
Additional information about panel programming at Texas A&M [Power House] is available in the panels section of sxsw.tamu.edu. Check back for details on a live recording of Texas Monthly’s National Podcast of Texas from the Texas A&M [Power] House.
Experience Texas A&M [Power] House
Texas A&M [Power] House also will include interactive exhibits that highlight Texas A&M research, open gaming with the Texas A&M Esports team and FaZe Clan, live entertainment and apparel giveaways.
Texas A&M at SXSW Powered By Game Fuel – Sunday, March 10, 7 p.m-12 a.m.
- Live performance by CRAY
- Fortnite tournament with FaZe Clan and Texas A&M Esports
- Exclusive FaZe Clan X Champion apparel giveaways
- Texas A&M X Game Fuel open gaming stations
- Signature food and beverage
Texas A&M X Champion Showcase – Monday, March 11, 4 p.m.-10 p.m.
- Live entertainment
- Exclusive Texas A&M X Champion apparel giveaways
- Signature food and beverage
Additional information about activations, open gaming and musical acts is available in the schedule section of sxsw.tamu.edu.
Funding for Texas A&M at SXSW was made possible through brand licensing revenues, without the use of tuition dollars.