Texas A&M Returns To SXSW Interactive Festival For Third Year
Texas A&M University is set to return to Austin this week for its third consecutive year for SXSW March 10-12, with programming that highlights Aggie innovations, interactive experiences that showcase university research and live entertainment headlined by Shakey Graves and FaZe Clan.
A full schedule of panel programming, events, interactive exhibits and entertainment for Texas A&M’s stay at SXSW is available at sxsw.tamu.edu.
Flemings in Downtown Austin will transform into Texas A&M [Power] House and will be open to all SXSW attendees Sunday, March 10 through Tuesday, March 12, to experience how Texas A&M is refueling, recharging and reimagining traditional approaches to leading issues.
Panel Talks At Texas A&M Power House
Texas A&M Power House will feature four panel discussions that bring together Texas A&M innovators and industry leaders on the same stage:
Reimagining Public & Private Partnerships – Monday, March 11, 11 a.m.
- John M. Murray, Army Futures Command
- Chancellor John Sharp, Texas A&M University System
- Emily Ramshaw, Texas Tribune (moderator)
World-Building Creativity & Technology – Monday, March 11 at 3:30 p.m.
- Laura Murphy, Technical Director at Pixar Animation Studios
- Gracie Arenas Strittmatter, Technical Art Director at EA’s BioWare
- Kyle Clark, CEO of Flight School
- Tim McLaughlin, Texas A&M Department of Visualization (moderator)
Brand Masters On Building The Brand – Tuesday, March 12 at 11 a.m.
- Nicole Portwood, PepsiCo Vice President of Marketing – Mountain Dew, Energy & Flavors
Plugging Into Rural Healthcare Solutions – Tuesday, March 12 at 3:30 p.m.
- Dan McCoy, President of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
- Vivian Lee, President of Health Platforms at Verily (formerly Google X)
- Greg Winfree, Director of the Texas A&M Transportation Institute
- Dean Carrie L. Byington, MD, Dean of the Texas A&M College of Medicine, Senior Vice President of the Texas A&M University Health Science Center and Vice Chancellor for Health Services at The Texas A&M University System. (moderator)
Experience Texas A&M Power House
In between panel discussions, Texas A&M [Power] House will also include interactive installations that highlight Texas A&M research, gaming competitions with FaZe Clan, live entertainment from Shakey Graves and CRAY and exclusive apparel giveaways.
- Texas A&M [Power] House Launch Powered by MTN DEW AMP GAME FUEL – Sunday, March 10 from 7 p.m.-12 a.m.
- Texas A&M X Champion Showcase – Monday, March 11 from 4 p.m.-10 p.m.
Texas A&M [Power] House panel programming requires a SXSW badge. Additional information about activations, gaming competitions and live entertainment is available in the schedule section of sxsw.tamu.edu.
More Aggies at SXSW
In addition to Texas A&M University’s institutional presence at Texas A&M [Power] House, a handful of Aggie leaders, researchers and current and former students will appear on various panels and activations. A full schedule of Texas A&M-affiliated individuals at SXSW is available on Texas A&M Today.
Funding for Texas A&M at SXSW was made possible through brand licensing revenues, without the use of tuition dollars.