Texas A&M Football Game Day Guide 2017
As Texas A&M University prepares for the start of football season at Kyle Field, Transportation Services kick starts the annual gameday operations plan designed to facilitate the safe passage of football fans traveling to and from campus for football games.
“We are excited to kick off the football season and hope the information and resources we provide to our fans will help make their experience at Kyle Field a memorable one,” said Associate Vice President Peter Lange, Texas A&M University, Transportation Services. “To make getting to the game a snap, fans can make advance reservations for their gameday parking or ride our free gameday shuttles to and from downtown Bryan and Momentum Plaza.”
The community is asked to prepare for the increased traffic resulting from the hundreds of thousands expected to descend on Kyle Field throughout the football season, which begins Saturday, Sept. 9. 2017 Football Schedule.
Football fans visiting the Texas A&M campus this season are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the following services and resources available for the 2017 football season:
- Destination Aggieland—The official gameday app that provides pre- and post-game traffic and parking information. Use the Destination Aggieland app to learn about reserving and paying for parking, bus routes, traffic, community dining, hotel and entertainment venues, campus tailgating—and more. Download the app through in the iPhone and Android app stores or click “Destination Aggieland” from aggieathletics.com
- tamu.edu—Provides access to gameday shuttle routes via the Transportation & Parking tab.
- NEW—Parkmobile Reserve your gameday parking before you arrive for the game and be one step ahead on gameday!
Transportation Services will distribute gameday information and updates via the following social media accounts:
- Parking is available for fans attending the game, but availability has changed. Please review 2017 Football Season Parking Map and Football Parking Areas to see what is different.
- NEW—Reserve your parking spot now for the football season or for other events on campus! https://tamu.pmreserve.com/
- Fans can also park near Bush Library, Bonfire Memorial off University Drive, Northside Garage, or on Agronomy Road and Pay $20 and $25 cash.
- For easy access to paid parking, fans are encouraged to access parking via FM 2818 or Hwy 6 to University Drive (Raymond Stotzer Parkway/Hwy 60).
- For easy access to 12th Man parking, fans are encouraged to access parking via FM 2818 to George Bush Drive.
- Remember, free gameday shuttles run throughout campus from parking areas so catch a ride to the game on the Aggie Spirit bus after you park your car.
For visiting fans who prefer to avoid traffic, Transportation Services provides free gameday shuttles that can be used to get on and off campus. See schedules for operating times.
- Gameday Shuttle Routes on and off-campus (See schedule for operating times).
- Get to the Grid (Operates 5 hours pre-game and 1.5 hours post game) Free gameday express shuttle is located at American Momentum Plaza.
- Downtown Bryan Gameday Shuttle (Operates 3 hours pre-game and 1.5 hours post game)— Have a bite to eat, do a little shopping, and take in the sights and sounds of Historic Downtown Bryan. Then hop on the free shuttle on Regent Street across from the Clara B. Mounce Public Library to Kyle Field for the game. Downtown Bryan Info and Game Weekend Activities Map
Ongoing construction in the area has resulted in some changes to traffic and parking patterns in the nearby area. For example, there are more roads closed near Kyle Field pre- and post-game and some community intersection closures after the game to help speed traffic flow. Please make note of gameday road closures:
- NEW—Coke St, Old Main, Houston St will close 4 hours pre-game and will only be open for permit vehicles.
- NEW—Coke St closes north of Lewis St. for all but D permit and disabled parking 4 hours pre-game.
- NEW—Olsen Blvd near Reed Arena will close 4 hours pre-game. Access only for E, G, P permits & Parkmobile permits.
- NEW—Houston St. closes from George Bush Dr. 4 hours pre-game. Access only for C permits & Texas A&M Foundation.
- Old Main/West Lamar/Stallings Blvd. closed 3 hours pre- and 1.5 hour post-game.
- Coke Street closed at Lewis Street 1.5 hour post-game.
- Old Main 1.5 hour post-game Houston St. 1 hour post-game
- Visiting fans who prefer to avoid traffic can get up-to-date traffic updates through the newly-designed Destination Aggieland mobile app. Use the app to review the traffic and pedestrian flow changes, parking and shuttle options, and the best entrance to get to your seat in Kyle Field.
- Download the app for post-game traffic maps that can be used to find the best route when leaving campus after the game.
Arrive Early, Stay Late
- Looking for a taxi, or other ride share service after the game? The post-game ride share pick up area will be located in Lot 30e. Check out the Destination Aggieland app for details.
- Kyle Field crowds continue to grow, so fans are encouraged to arrive earlier than normal to help ensure they arrive in time for the game.
Tailgating is allowed in various locations on gamedays throughout campus. Learn everything you need to know about tailgating for football games Kyle Field Tailgate Information
Beat the Heat and Hydrate
- Begin hydrating the night before gameday to stay well hydrated and drink plenty of water throughout the game.
- Fans are permitted to bring (1) sealed bottle of water into Kyle Field.
- Wear loose and cool clothing and apply at least SPF15 sunscreen often and protect your face and head with a brimmed hat. Protect your eyes with sunglasses.
- Cool Zones are located on the East side (1st, 2nd & 3rd Decks) and West side (3rd Deck) of Kyle Field. (Beat the Heat!)
- Texas A&M has a clear bag policy for all Texas A&M Athletics home events. Bags that are non-clear and/or are larger than those outlined in the policy will not be allowed in the stadium.
- LARGE BAGS: If fans are bringing bags to a home athletic event, bags must be clear and not exceed 12” (by 6” by 12”) or be a clear 1-gallon re-sealable plastic freezer storage bag, one per person. Bags must be clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and have a maximum of one logo imprint not exceeding 4.5” tall X 3.4” wide.
- SMALL BAGS: The only non-clear bags permitted are small clutch bags (with or without a strap) that are the size of a hand. Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at designated areas. For additional information about the clear bag policy, visit 12thMan.com/BeClear.
For additional gameday traffic, parking and pedestrian information, please visit http://transport.tamu.edu/football
About Transportation Services
Transportation Services is an empowered team of professionals dedicated to providing efficient, dynamic and innovative fleet, parking and transit services to the Texas A&M University community. Transportation Services supports the teaching, research and public service mission of Texas A&M University, with focus on customer service and communication.