As Texas A&M University prepares for the start of football season, Transportation Services kick starts the annual game day operations plan designed to facilitate the safe passage of football fans traveling to and from campus for football games.
“We are excited to kick off the football season and hope the information and resources we provide to our fans will make their experience at Kyle Field a memorable one,” said Executive Director Peter Lange, Texas A&M University, Transportation Services. “This year we have additional parking in the newly built Cain Garage, which is located just steps away from Kyle Field and we will once again offer our free game day shuttles to and from downtown Bryan and Momentum Plaza.”
The community is asked to prepare for the increased traffic resulting from the hundreds of thousands expected to descend on Kyle Field throughout the football season, which begins Saturday, Sept. 3. 2016 Football Schedule.
Football fans visiting the Texas A&M campus this season are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the following services and resources available for the 2016 football season:
- Destination Aggieland—The official game day app that provides pre and post-game traffic and parking information. Use the Destination Aggieland app to learn about reserving and paying for parking, bus routes, traffic, community dining, hotel and entertainment venues, campus tailgating—and more. Download the app through in the iPhone and Android app stores or click “Destination Aggieland” from gameday.aggieathletics.com
- m.tamu.edu—Provides access to game day shuttle routes via the Transportation & Parking tab.
- ParkMe—To prepay for game day parking before you arrive to campus.
- Experience gameday in Aggieland, including Midnight Yell, tailgating, the Fightin’ Texas Aggie Band and more through Texas A&M’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
- Transportation Twitter—Transportation Services will distribute gameday information and updates via the following social media accounts:
- Parking is available for fans attending the game, but availability has changed. Please review 2016 Football Season Parking Map and Football Parking Areas to see what is different.
- NEW— Cain Garage which is the newest parking garage on campus offers prepay parking at the north end zone of Kyle Field. Parking can be purchased through the Destination Aggieland mobile app.
- Fans can also park near Bush Library, Bonfire Memorial off University Drive, Northside Garage, or on Agronomy Road and Pay $20 and $25 cash.
- For easy access to paid parking, fans are encouraged to access parking via FM 2818 or Hwy 6 to University Drive (Raymond Stotzer Parkway/Hwy 60).
- For easy access to 12th Man parking, fans are encouraged to access parking via FM 2818 to George Bush Drive.
- Additional gameday parking has been added this season in Lot 50 and on Agronomy Road.
- Remember, free game day shuttles run throughout campus from parking areas so catch a ride to the game on the Aggie Spirit bus after you park your car.
For visiting fans who prefer to avoid traffic, Transportation Services provides free game-day shuttles that can be used to get on and off-campus. See schedules for operating times.
- Game Day Shuttle Routes on and off-campus (See schedule for operating times).
- Get to the Grid (Operates 3.5 hours pre-game and 1.5 hours post game) Free game day express shuttle is located at American Momentum Plaza (1 Momentum Blvd., College Station, TX 77845)
- Downtown Bryan Gameday Shuttle (Operates 3 hours pre-game and 1.5 hours post game)— Have a bite to eat, do a little shopping, and take in the sights and sounds of Historic Downtown Bryan. Then hop on the free shuttle on Regent Street across from the Clara B. Mounce Public Library to Kyle Field for the game. Downtown Bryan Info and Game Weekend Activities Map
Learn Your Route!
- Ongoing construction in the area has resulted in some changes to traffic and parking patterns in the nearby area. For example, there are more roads closed near Kyle Field pre- and post-game and some community intersection closures after the game to help speed traffic flow.
- NEW— Old Main/West Lamar/Stallings Blvd. closed 3 hours pre- and for 1.5 hours post-game.
- NEW— Coke Street closed at Lewis Street for 1.5 hours post-game.
- Visiting fans who prefer to avoid traffic, can get up-to-date traffic updates through the Destination Aggieland mobile app. Use the app to review the traffic and pedestrian flow changes, parking and shuttle options, and the best entrance to get to your seat in Kyle Field.
- Download the app for post-game traffic maps that can be used to find the best route when leaving campus after the game.
Arrive Early, Stay Late
- NEW— Looking for a taxi, Uber, or other ride share service after the game? The new post-game ride share pick up area will be located in Lot 30e. Check out the Destination Aggieland app for additional details.
- Kyle Field crowds continue to grow so fans are encouraged to arrive earlier than normal to help ensure you are arrive in time for the game.
- Tailgating is allowed in various locations on game days throughout campus. Learn everything you need to know about tailgating for football games Kyle Field Tailgate Information
- Begin hydrating the night before gameday to stay well hydrated and drink plenty of water throughout the game.
- Fans are permitted to bring one sealed bottle of water into Kyle Field.
- Wear loose and cool clothing and apply at least SPF15 sunscreen often and protect your face and head with a brimmed hat. Protect your eyes with sunglasses.
- Cool Zones are located on the East side (1st, 2nd & 3rd Decks) and West side (3rd Deck) of Kyle Field. (Beat the Heat!)
- Texas A&M has enacted the clear bag policy for all Texas A&M Athletics home events throughout the 2016-17 academic year. Bags that are non-clear and/or are larger than those outlined in the policy will not be allowed in the stadium.
- LARGE BAGS: If fans are bringing bags to a home athletic event, bags must be clear and not exceed 12” (by 6” by 12”) or be a clear 1 gallon re-sealable plastic freezer storage bag, one per person. Bags must be clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and have a maximum of one logo imprint not exceeding 4.5” tall X 3.4” wide.
- SMALL BAGS: The only non-clear bags permitted are small clutch bags (with or without a strap) that are the size of a hand. Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at designated areas. For additional information about the clear bag policy, visit www.12thMan.com/BeClear
For additional game day traffic, parking and pedestrian information, please visit http://transport.tamu.edu/football
About Transportation Services
Transportation Services is an empowered team of professionals dedicated to providing efficient, dynamic and innovative fleet, parking and transit services to the Texas A&M University community. Transportation Services supports the teaching, research and public service mission of Texas A&M University, with focus on customer service and communication.